At Town & Country Animal Hospital, our veterinarians and staff are committed to protecting and preserving the health and quality of life of every animal we serve. We believe preventive care is the foundation of pet wellness and strongly recommend that all pets under the age of 7 receive physical examinations at least once a year.
What to Expect During Your Pet’s Wellness Visit
During your pet’s wellness visit, the veterinarian will perform:
- A comprehensive examination—Exams are an important component of our pet wellness programs for dogs and cats of all ages. They provide us with a hands-on opportunity to carefully examine and familiarize ourselves with your companion.
- Parasite and heartworm testing—Fleas, ticks, mites, heartworms, and other parasites pose potentially critical threats to your pet’s health. Through the use of testing, we can prevent and treat them.
- Dental examination—Taking care of your pet’s teeth and gums can help prevent dental disease, as well as even more serious conditions including organ failure.
- Vaccination boosters—We believe that vaccinations are essential to your pet’s health. We administer vaccinations according to standards and guidelines set by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) and based on your pet’s individual needs.
In addition, during the exam time, we will also address any questions or concerns you may have regarding:
- Nutritional counseling
- Behavioral counseling
- Spaying or neutering
- Allergy testing
- Laser therapy
- Flea and tick prevention
- Breed-specific preventive health plans
We also offer specially tailored veterinary health services for puppies and kittens and senior pets.