Congratulations on your new addition! As you welcome your new puppy or kitten into your home, we look forward to having your pet under our care as well. By partnering together with you, we aim to provide your new companion with not only the best start possible, but also a life filled with health and happiness.
At Town & Country Animal Hospital we recommend that you bring your new puppy or kitten in for his or her first veterinary visit between 6 to 8 weeks of age. On this visit, your companion will receive:
- A comprehensive examination
- First vaccinations, as well as an ongoing vaccination schedule (according to the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) guidelines)
- Testing for parasites and congenital defects
- Blood testing for feline leukemia and feline immunodeficiency virus
- Parasite control medication
- Heartworm preventive
- Nutritional counseling
- Behavior counseling
- Information regarding spaying or neutering your pet (we recommend this be done between 4½ – 6 months of age)
- Answers to any questions or concerns you may have
Providing your puppy or kitten with the wellness care he or she needs is an ongoing process, one in which you will need to be dedicated and committed to throughout you pet’s life. During the first months of your pet’s life, you should plan to visit our office approximately once a month, and then annually thereafter. These regularly scheduled visits will provide your pet with the care and attention he or she needs.
We are here to help you. Call us today to schedule your puppy or kitten’s first visit.