Rodents are never far from our houses, garbage bins, and picnic tables. They multiply, cause damage or destruction, and even have the potential to spread disease.
While a quick, easy application of rodenticide may help control their numbers, rodents can live between 12 hours and 2 days before the poison eventually kills them. In that time, they may be hunted and consumed by cats and dogs.
Pet poisoning cases that result from secondary exposure to rodenticides remain a serious threat to overall health and safety. Town & Country Animal Hospital wants to reduce the risks and help protect all pets from harm.Continue…
Responsible pet owners spend a lot of time and energy trying to keep their pets safe. Sometimes, however, a pet’s curiosity or boredom aligns with a rare opportunity, and before you know it, you’ve got a pet poisoning on your hands. Without a doubt, we bring lots of potentially dangerous items into our homes. Whether it’s plants, food, medications, or chemicals, your pet’s domain could be full of hazards.
Watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, and other symptoms of allergies are something many of us have had to deal with, and even if we don’t personally deal with allergies, we know someone who does.
Pets can also suffer from seasonal, environmental, and food allergies, although the symptoms may manifest differently than they do in humans. Allergies in pets are not always easy to diagnose and treat, but there are several proactive things a pet owner can do to keep their furry friends comfortable.